Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Myth of winter

I believe the biggest myth of winter is that it's necessary.  Yeah yeah I know it's techinically necessary, plus it makes you appreciate spring that much more, blah blah blah.  I can say with certainty I would appreciate spring and summer just as much without winter.  I'll use my "seasonal depression" as evidence.  Today in central North Carolina it is in the mid 60's and my mood is definitely better then what it was on a cloudy 40 degree day last week, but still in the back of my mind I know we still have to make it through Febuary and early March. I know I'm not the only one that struggles with the cold weather and the challenges it brings. I wonder what people do to cope?  I prefer to play Jimmy Buffett and Jack Johnson loudly and brave the outdoors in flip flops any time I see sun.  It keeps me looking forward to the days in July when I'm sitting on a beach with not a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment